7 Tips For Burning Candles
1. In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the entire surface of the candle melts.
2. To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than 3 hours at a time during the first third of the candle 1 to 2 hours at a time during the remaining
3. Do not leave candle burning unattended. Do not set in a draft. Keep away from children, curtains and pets.
4. Should the wick require centering, gently readjust to correct position when the wax is still molten. Allow candle to solidify before relighting.
5. Should any black smoke appear, trim the wick. It should be clean and no longer than 1/4 at all times.
6. Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests (with a coaster or plate, for example).
7. Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least 1/8 inch of non-molten wax at the bottom.