1. Pour about ¼ cup of clear soda into the water in a vase full of cut flowers. The sugar in the soda will make the blossoms last longer.
2. Just as it preserves your hairstyle, a spritz of hair spray can help your cut flowers look fresh longer.
3. Mix 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons sugar with the vase water before adding the flowers.
4. Add a few drops of vodka (or any clear spirit) to the vase water for antibacterial action along with 1 teaspoon sugar.
5. Put a crushed aspirin in the water before adding your flowers.
6. Freshly cut flowers will last longer if you add ¼ teaspoon bleach per quart (1 liter) of vase water.
7. Your flowers will last longer if you add a copper penny and a cube of sugar to the vase water.