Cherry Sponge Cake
- 1 c. butter
- 1½ c. white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 2 tbsp. confectioners sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in almond extract.
- Fold in flour until just blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- With the tip of a knife, mark squares in the batter. Spoon equal portions of pie filling in the center of each square.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then dust with confectioners sugar.
Hi! We are a mother daughter team, sharing our homes with you. Wonderful recipes, entertaining, cleaning and amazing tips will keep you coming back for more. We hope you enjoy.