Crispy BBQ chicken with a twist of Parmesan cheese!
Grilled Parmesan Garlic Chicken
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic, about 2 medium cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup grate Parmesan cheese
- Pat dry chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- Place wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt, tossing to coat evenly.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Refrigerate uncovered for at least 8 hours.
- In a large bowl, olive oil, basil, garlic, thyme, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Light charcoal grill.
- After grill is ready place the wings skin side up over the cool side of the grill, cover, and cook until skins are crisp and are starting to brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer wings to bowl with oil and herb mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and toss again to evenly coat wings in cheese.
- Transfer to a serving tray and serve immediately.